How To Improve Supply Chain Efficiency With Dynamics 365
by Campbell McLeish on
It’s no surprise that inefficient supply chains cost companies. From expense control and customer service issues, to supplier relationship and risk management problems, there are several aspects to your business that could become effected when not tackled head on.
Unfortunately, many companies simply don’t have the visibility of their supply chains needed to make them aware of any problems. So, what can be done?
It begins with investing in the right technology.
How technology can increase your supply chain efficiency
Digital solutions play a big part in how your supply chain operates – your choice of ERP matters and shouldn’t be taken lightly. For example, Microsoft Dynamics 365 offers Supply Chain Management software, giving companies the power to streamline their supply chains.
But before we explore the benefits of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management, what exactly is it?
What is Dynamics 365 supply chain management?
Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management is an application of the Dynamics 365 suite that allows businesses to both simplify and better manage their supply chain processes. Using data, analytics and AI across your operations, the software helps you make smarter, more efficient business decisions.
The benefits of using Dynamics 365 Supply Chain Management
With the use of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain management, everything is integrated. This opens the possibility to leverage data sources into multiple areas of your business such as transport, inventory, and equipment maintenance. The resulting benefits of this approach are as followed:
Supply chain analytics and forecasting
As the AI and machine learning capabilities of Supply Chain Management understands your business’ data, you’ll become more proactive in:
- Demand forecasting –The predictive analytics that the software has to offer will help you measure and calculate demand so you can stock supply where needed.
- Asset maintenance – Innovative technologies can identify potential issues through equipment lifecycle analysis and even help resolve them.
- Field maintenance – Similar to asset maintenance, the predictive capabilities of Dynamics 365 Supply Chain management can help sustain those in the field (including products).
The Supply Chain Management software capabilities can expand directly to your workforce, helping them achieve both business and personal goals.
- Mobile app – Customise an app for employee use that will streamline their workflow and give much needed visibility over relevant information.
- Guides – Utilise Microsoft Dynamics 365 Guides to enhance employee training for tasks and maintenance activities.
- Automation – Automate certain tasks to free up employee time, allowing them to perform higher-level functions.
Supply chain visibility
A benefit that can’t be overlooked is the exceptional visibility you gain over every aspect of your supply chain. Depending on which add-ons you install how you use the technology, you’ll have an extremely useful view of:
- Your entire supply chain from begin to end
- Activities in the warehouse and on the production line
- Your inventory and inventory expectations
- Transportation status of products and materials
- Resources such as your workforce and equipment
The best part? you can access all of this information in one place. With an easy-to-use platform highlighting opportunities to improve inefficiencies, inconsistencies and eliminate needless obstructions, the Supply Chain Management software can make a huge impact on your bottom line.
If you’re looking for an implementation partner to help support your business and its software solutions, contact us at Nolan Business Solutions today. We have over 30 years’ experience in the industry and are proud to be a Gold ERP Microsoft Partners. Unlock your business potential with Nolan today.