What's new in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018
Welcome to the first in a series of blog pieces focusing on the new features and functionality for the release of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018.
The first blog piece will focus on Comprehensive Document Attach, which is an update to the Document Attachment option that was available in previous versions of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018.
Comprehensive Document Attach
This updated version of Document Attachment has now extended the functionality to:
- Receivables Transaction Entry
- General Ledger Journal Entry
- Asset General Information
Included in this blog are a selection of screenshots showing examples of the extended functionality now available.
Document Attachment in Receivables Transaction Entry
- Document Attachment in ribbon
- Available in the Receivables Transaction Inquiry Zoom window too
Example of Receivables Transaction Entry window
Document Attachment in General Ledger Entry
- The Document Attachment now available in ribbon
- Also available in these inquiry windows;
- Journal Entry Inquiry
- Transaction Entry Zoom
Example of Transaction Entry window
Display Vendor Notes on Vendor Inquiry window and Customer Inquiry window
- New button added next to Vendor ID and Customer ID in the Inquiry window
- Notes entered into Vendor Maintenance or Customer Maintenance can be accessed from the Inquiry window
Example of the Vendor Maintenance window
Example of the Vendor Inquiry window
Display Project Notes in Project Inquiry and PA Project Inquiry
- New button added next to Project No
- Notes entered in Project Maintenance can be assessed from the Project Inquiry window and PA Project Inquiry window
Example of the Project Inquiry window showing new button feature
Add Document Attachment to Asset General Information window
- Addition of Document Attachment to Fixed Assets in General Information window
- Functionality added to Asset Inquiry window as well
Example of the Asset General Information window
Allow Document Attachments in Inquiry window
- There is now a new setting added to the Document Attachment Setup window to switch 'Allow Document Attachments' on and off
- Documents can now be password protected to restrict access
Example of the Document Attachment Setup window
As well as the series of blog posts, we have also put together a video detailing the new features of Microsoft Dynamics GP 2018. Click here to watch Consultant Joe Prior give a brief overview of the key new features that have been released.
For more information on Microsoft Dynamics GP and how an ERP solution can help your business why not come along to our Microsoft Dynamics GP Update Event at Tower Bridge in London on Wednesday 24th January. Register your place now by clicking here.